|That's Not My Baby|
|Episode name pun on: The band of the same name|
|Airdate:||July 16, 2004|
|Writer(s):||Thurop van Orman|
The girls care for a baby they rescue when they can’t find its mother, but the girls aren’t cut out to be mothers.
The episode starts with group of escaping citizens of Townsville. They're running away from Dragon-Like Monster, but someone left the baby carriage on sidewalk. The monster nearly catches the carriage, but happily The Powerpuff Girls beat up the monster and save the carriage. Unfortunately, the baby is somewhere gone. The monster catches the little, crying baby and the girls again defeat the creature. Bubbles hugs the baby and gives to the blonde woman, but woman says that the baby isn't her. Bubbles asks two more women and man. Buttercup asks citizens, who the baby belongs to, but everybody don't know. The girls arrive to Malph's Market and ask a few more women, including the woman, who looks similarly like the baby. Then the girls want to just find the babysitter. They fly to Ms. Keane, thinking that if she loves children, she'll gladly take care of the baby, but even she isn't really interested to caring, explaining that she that's why is in the school, because she loves children. The Powerpuff Girls arrive to Ms. Bellum ask her to take care of the baby, but says that she would caring the baby, but she already has a baby. Bubbles is surprised, but the baby turns out to be The Mayor of Townsville. The girls' last hope is shoe-like shelter for
kids, but even here the lady doesn't want to have an another baby. Back to the girls' house, Buttercup isn't happy to caring the baby, but Bubbles sees the happy side to do it, because Professor Utonium will probably agree for pet hamster. Blossom and Buttercup approve the challenge and give themselves a high-five, but the baby starts to cry. After trying to feed him and changing the baby's diapers, they soon learned that taking care of the baby by themselves is troublesome and exhausting. Finally, they want to get rid of the baby and go to find a basket, during which they come across the monster who appeared at the beginning of this episode. To the girls' great surprise, it turns out that the baby is really the monster's child, and that its "human form" really is a shell, and that the baby monster has molted.
- When Buttercup suggests leaving the baby on someone's doorstep, saying that they do it on TV, Bubbles replies that they are not on TV, while they really are.
- Ms. Keane states that in Pokey Oaks Kindergarten, there are twenty-three children, but at The Powerpuff Girls Movie, she said "This is what happens when you teach twenty children in a classroom".
- The Professor did not appear but was mentioned.
- When the baby molts out of Blossom's hands, she acts very disconcerned about a "baby" that actually melts in her hands.
- The scene with the woman who lived in shoe with all those children is a reference to an old nursery rhyme, "there was a little old woman who lived in a shoe".
- The monster uses the same design as Fred the Monster, who appeared in the episode Major Competition.
- When the girls saved a baby carriage from the monster, Buttercup's eyes are blue and she's wearing Bubbles' blue dress.