|Episode name pun on: Substitute Teacher|
"The Boys are Back in Town"
All the children at Pokey Oaks Kindergarten love Ms. Keane, their teacher. But one day, Ms. Keane falls ill. A substitute teacher is called to replace her for the day. The substitute, called Mr. Green. Though he may look rather evil, he is proven to be a nice man who loves children. However, the Powerpuffs are not convinced that he's nice, and finally come the conclusion that Mr. Green ate Ms. Keane. Many attempts to "foil" his "evil ways" fail, and their behavior only gets them time-outs. While sitting inside as the other children are playing, the girls believe that they hear the other children screaming in fear. Taking action, the girls fly into space, performing a spinning-like attack. Luckily, the other kids catch them and successfully stop the girls by crying out that Mr. green is a good guy. After sheepishly landing, the girls receive a stern lesson from him, agreeing that it's wrong to judge people by their looks.
- The K.E.A.N.E. song is a spoof of SpongeBob's F.U.N. song.
- There is an abnormal amount of kids marching into Ms. Keane's class.
- Interestingly enough, Mr. Green's horns bent down as he looked up at the girls in their near-successful attack; almost like a scared animal.
- Mr. Green is completely oblivious to Bubbles' comment on how ugly he is.
- This is the first of a few times in Season Five that the girls are in their secondary endshot pose: Blossom standing upright, Bubbles and Buttercup bowing at the waist, turning their attention to the viewers.
- After believing that Mr. Green ate Ms. Keane, Buttercup shouts and calls him "Doctor Lecter," most likely referencing the infamous cannibalistic psychopath "Dr. Hannibal Lecter" from Silence of the Lambs.
- This is one of the most graphic episodes of the series.
- Moral of the story: Don't judge a person by their looks