|Nickname:||The evillest of evils, The cruelest of cruel|
|First appearance:||"Octi Evil"|
|Last appearance:||"The Powerpuff Girls Rule!"|
|Voice actor:||Tom Kane|
|Family:||The Rowdyruff Boys (adoptive children)|
Him is a powerful, red-skinned, and devil-like creature. His gender is often something of confusion, as his voice, clothes, and mannerisms often contradict each other, but his name strongly suggests that he is male. It is implied that he is the devil himself, or at least some form of demon, in The Powerpuff Girls series, he is said to be "so sinister, so evil, so scary, so horribly vile that his real name can never be said, thus striking fear into the hearts of men.
He is voiced by Tom Kane.
He has large lobster-like claws, pointed ears, black widow's peak hair, yellow-green eyes, a hooked nose and a long, curled beard. He has three long eyelashes on each eyelid, rosy red cheeks and black lips. A lady's red jacket and skirt with pink tulle at the collar and hemline, a black leather belt belt with a bronze buckle, and black, thigh-high, spike-heeled boots complete his look.
He has been shown in numerous satanic forms as well. Most of which are revealed in apocalyptic, hellish situations or realms. These forms often enhance his power and cause him to grow an enormous size. When engaged in battle, he is an entity to be reckoned with; one example of his true form was witnessed in Speed Demon.
Very little is known about Him's motives for wanting to harm The Powerpuff Girls. In his first appearance, he shows a strong contempt towards them, but the main focus of his monologue is pointed towards being humiliated by the recent defeat of one of his monsters, rather than an overall explanation. He often plays on weaknesses, such as; fear, and seems to have a goal of breaking up their group, mainly through making them hate or fight each other.
Unlike other villains who would prefer to destroy Townsville themselves or through physicals means, Him, on the other hand, prefers using psychological methods of doing so that often orchestrate events and psychological tortures in an attempt to drive the Powerpuff Girls apart or make them scared; many of which often come close to succeeding. He uses Bubbles's innocence and gullibility to move the plans along.
He made his first ever appearance in Octi Evil where he possessed Bubbles’ stuffed cute purple octopus doll, "Octi." Using a microphone, in a mysterious way which is purposefully never explained, he speaks to her through Octi. By gaining the trust of Bubbles, he tries to turn the other two girls against one another. When they finally end up enemies, Bubbles turns to Octi, who Him has now fully possessed. Bubbles realises his identity, but by that point Octi has grown to a gigantic size, and he goes to destroy Townsville, or according to Him's words, "the world." Instead of asking the girls for help, as both are at war with each other, she goes on her own to try and stop Him. She flies up to Octi, who is on top of a skyscraper, and screams that Him had used her to seperate the three sisters. Him uses Octi's tentacle to hold her, and slowly crushes her, leading Bubbles to scream so loudly that her cries are heard by Blossom and Buttercup, who meet up and rescue her even though The Professor put them in time out for fighting. While the girls do not attack Octi, instead choosing to save her after putting their differences, Him, angry at their choice screams "No!" before bursting into flames and disappearing.
His next main episode was in Telephonies where he is one of the villains The Powerpuff Girls visit because of the prank phone calls but unlike Mojo and Fuzzy, the girls do not attack Him, suggesting that they know what a threat he is. After they depart, Him calls Mojo and Fuzzy to find out what's going on, even going to form a temporarily alliance with Mojo and Fuzzy. Upon discovering that The Gangreen Gang were behind the calls, the three villains stormed City Hall and beat them up. The mayor, who saw this called The Powerpuff Girls about this, however the girls thought that it was another prank call.
During Tough Love, disgusted over how the citizens of Townsville treated The Powerpuff Girls, Him used his evil master-mind powers to form no love into Townsville's citizens' hearts and came up with a spell designed to turn the population against the girls which worked as the normally-loving residents become evil, rising up against the Powerpuff Girls and unwillingly becoming his puppets. It wasn't until the girls fought back that Him's plan was foiled although Him later fled not before telling the girls he never gave repeat performances and that he'd back before vanishing in a puff of pink smoke.
In Speed Demon, set fifty years into an alternative future, The Powerpuff Girls themselves have gone missing. Him managed to gain control of the entire planet, which in turn resulted in his powers becoming greater than ever before. He is able to take The Powerpuff Girls' punches head-on to badly injured. In this setting, he was enraged and turned back into his true form of himself.
- Size Alteration: Him has shown the ability to grow in size in multiple episodes, including "The Boys are Back in Town," "Him Diddle Riddle," "The Powerpuff Girls Rule" and "Meet the Beat-Alls." He alters the size of one of his arms in "Telephonies" to grab Ace on the neck and slam him on the floor three times.
- Tranformation: Him has the power to assume other forms, ranging from ones based on existing animals, like a butterfly in All Chalked Up, to mythical creatures, like his crab-like monster in Power-Noia, to inanimate objects, like a telephone stand in Him Diddle Riddle and his true monstrous form in Speed Demon.
- Mind Control: Him willed the Professor into allowing the girls to open a monstrous present in "Birthday Bashed," made two scientists send the earth out of orbit in "Custody Battle," and turned the love the people of Townsville held for the Powerpuff Girls into hate in "Tough Love."
- Telekinesis: In the episode "The Powerpuff Girls Rule," he was seen moving a bunch of keys and a water tower around in the air. In the episode "Custody Battle," on a much more extreme scale, he moved the sun further away from the earth.
- Acid Spit: Used multiple times in the episode Meet the Beat-Alls, and referred to as such in the same episode by a news reporter.
- Eye beams: In the episode See Me, Feel Me, Gnomey he was seen using his laser eyes on Bubbles. He even used this ability in "Telephonies" in which he used the eye beams at some members of the Gangreen Gang during a fight with them alongside Mojo Jojo and Fuzzy Lumpkins in the Mayor's office.
- Energy Blast: He can fire red energy blast from his claws. This power he used when he teamed up with Mojo Jojo, Fuzzy and Princess.
- Magic: He is shown to have great magical abilities and can perform many great feats such as:
- Fly: He can move through the air, the same way the Powerpuff Girls do.
- Teleportation: The ability to move instantaneously from one location to another without physically occupying the space in between.
- Resurrection: He used this power to bring The Rowdyruff Boys back from death in the episode The Boys are Back in Town
- Dream manipulation: The power to enter, manipulate, project, alter, and control dreams of others.
- Reality warping: he can warp reality to a large scale. For instance, he could make Bubble's drawings come alive.
- Negative Feelings Empowerment: He can become stronger and more powerful by feeding off the negative emotions of people such as hatred, fear, pain, etc.
Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z
- Octi Evil
- Tough Love
- Birthday Bash
- Speed Demon
- Bought and Scold (cameo)
- Moral Decay
- Meet the Beat-Alls
- All Chalked Up
- Him Diddle Riddle
- Shotgun Wedding (picture cameo)
- The Boys are Back in Town
- See Me, Feel Me, Gnomey
- Live and Let Dynamo (cameo)
- A Made Up Story (cameo)
- Custody Battle
- The Powerpuff Girls Rule!
- In "Him Diddle Riddle", HIM owns his very own diner called the "Otto-Time Diner". This same diner is presented in the Powerpuff Girls parody short of MAD.
- In "The Boys are Back in Town," his powers are so great that he was capable of resurrecting The Rowdyruff Boys; making them stronger than ever and immunizing them against past effects of the girls' kisses (though he claims to have found this particular spell on the internet) as well as moving and halting the sun just by waving his claw as seen in "Custody Battle".
- HIM has a rubber duck named Mr. Quackers in "Tough Love."
- His voice and mannerisms were inspired by the Chief of the Blue Meanies in The Beatles movie "Yellow Submarine".
- His physical appearance is an amalgamation of sorts, borrowing a mix of concepts and imagery in regards to Satan with cross-dresser attire.
- He usually hypnotizes others to do all his dirty work (except for in the episode "See Me, Feel Me, Gnomey").
- Him in Powerpuff Girls Z was based on the 8 Headed Serpent Yamata No Orochi and Gohma Vlitra and Dark Gaia and Ten-Tails.
- One of Him's commonly used victims would be Bubbles; taking joy in using her naivety against her sisters in an attempt to break them up so he could take over Townsville and the world.
- HIM is known to spy on others through the means of using monitors of some sort with even having the ability to know what the girls are up to once in awhile.
- Him and Fuzzy are both the second most recurring villains appearing in 19 episodes, if one counts the pilot episode Meat Fuzzy Lumpkins as an episode.
- According to Craig McCracken's scale of the villains on The Powerpuff Girls, Him is at the top simply because he's the most evil.
- Him is good at making pancakes, as seen in "Him Diddle Diddle."